In a Perfect World
Summary: Because sometimes, people want to help, but sometimes you aren’t ready to take it yet. The world is cruel, and Blake Belladonna no longer sees its beauty.
Notes: Part three of Interlocking Existence. Takes place the same night as Setting Him Straight.
Warnings: Implied/Referenced Self-Harm, Discussion of Self-Harm, Implied Attempted Suicide.
The stars were especially bright tonight against the black of the midnight sky. The shattered moon, turned so it was almost whole, stared down mockingly at the exhausted Blake Belladonna. She rested her folded arms on raised knees and stared out at the world. Here, perched on a section of roof that few could reach, Blake was finally alone. Oddly then, that she no longer was sure she wanted to be alone.
but have you considered:
- strong females who don’t denounce femininity or being girly
- strong females who are “like every other girl” bc why the hell not girls are rad
- strong females who tear down the culture of girls hating on other girls
- strong females who are proud to be feminists
- strong females who support and acknowledge trans women
- strong females who understand that being strong isn’t synonymous with manly or with “acting like a man”
hey i know i have a lot of ASD friends for whom autoplay is a really awful thing so here is a really nice option, stay safe friends
don’t you think it’s kind of funny that we have these characters with magical powers that go on incredible adventures and do amazing things and that’s really impressive but after a while we’re like “okay so what if they just owned a coffee shop. imagine them filing their taxes”
This is potentially life saving information everyone should know.
No you guys this post helped me find my cat. He was missing for almost a month and I’ve had him for over 12 years. After seeing this I put his favorite blanket he always slept on outside hoping he would smell mine or his scent and he was back the next fucking day asleep on it.
When my cat got out, we called and called for him, and then, later that night, I remembered similar advice to this, and so put his little scratching pad, which he adores, on the front porch. Not even half an hour later, I heard a thump, opened the door, and there was his big butt, meowing at me.
and dont even get me started on how RT made a character based on Joan of Arc, an absolutely fucking astounding young woman who accomplished so fucking much that she’s hailed not only a heroine but a fucking Roman Catholic saint
into a dude
who doesnt respect women
thats literally what they did
i miss when i was like 12 and it would be the night before a big field trip or something and i couldnt go to sleep because i was so excited. i miss being so into a book that i would stay up past my bed time reading it. everything seems so bland or something idk. i’m only 19 and everything is so tiring. i miss wanting to be awake
this is the realist shit on this website
Things I Want to See in YA Relationships:
- Healthy relationships portrayed as healthy and not written off as boring
- Unhealthy relationships portrayed as unhealthy relationships and not written off as romantic/excusable
- Realistic relationships (no opposites attract simply because—there needs so be a reason for odd relationships to stick)
- LGBT parents
- MC has a really strong relationship with parent(s) (think Easy A)
- MC has a bad relationship with parent(s) for a fresh, unique reason
- LGBT sibling(s) instead of MC
- Siblings are the one making really stupid decisions instead of MC (abusive relationship, following bf/gf to college, etc.)
- Romances that continue past the kiss (the kiss, the fuck, the marriage, etc. isn’t the goal and their relationship as a couple is actually illustrated and developed)
- One or the other doesn’t want to have sex and they actually don’t have sex bECAUSE SEX ISN’T THE GOAL OF A RELATIONSHIP
- Couples that aren’t constantly thinking about/working up to/talking about/wanting/needing sex (where the actual relationship like their interactions and emotional connections and chemistry as a couple is illustrated and developed thERE IS MORE TO ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS THAN SEX I KNOW MEDIA TELLS YOU OTHERWISE BUT REALLY THERE IS)
- Romantic relationships (tension) between MC and villain that doesn’t end up being unhealthy/abusive (don’t steal this I’m writing this one next)
- Relationships that don’t overpower the plot or that the author doesn’t spend a section of 100 pages on while nothing plot-wise happens
- Boy/girl friendships that stay friendships (Harry & Hermione style)
- Seriously deep, passionate, soul-mate kinda friendships
- Childhood friendships where both parties don’t get along well at all but they stay friends because they’ve been friends for so long (this is how like 95% of my friendships worked throughout school)
- Friendships that are the crux of the plot instead of romantic relationships (saving your BFF from the dragon instead of your BF)
- Really developed, complex friendships (especially girl/girl)